Knog is an award winning, world renowned cycling & outdoor accessories brand founded in 2002 by friends Hugo Davidson & Mal McKechnie.
Hugo & Mal, product designer and industrial engineer, now lead a Melbourne (Australia) based team of over 20 designers, engineers, marketers, logistics and finance folk.
Since '02, Knog have consistently designed products that defy convention and whose aesthetics and usability are considered as highly as their functionality.
And despite the fact we make products that you can use on a 2-week bike packing trip, we also know that for many people they simply use them to safely get around, and that’s okay too. How you use our products is entirely up to you.
In 2008 we introduced the world’s first silicone bike light the Frog. With global sales of 7 million & counting, we knew we had made a product that truly spoke to cyclists around the world.
In 2016 we designed another product that completely challenged people’s conceptions of a bike bell when we reinvented a 4000-year-old bell design to introduce the low profile and wrap-around Oi bike bell (Oi, rhymes with 'joy'). With 3.5 million global sales we had once again successfully reimagined, improved, and made an often-forgotten product highly desirable in the process.
Cycling Weekly named the Oi Luxe as one of the most stylish bicycle bells in the world. Just one of the many notable inclusions and awards the Oi bell has won.
2019 saw Knog start to design products for those wishing to explore the great outdoors on foot too. Our first product the Bandicoot was the world’s first full-body silicone headlamp and has gone on to inform our comprehensive and unique collection of headlamps.
The Bilby 400 Headlamp was named in Outside Magazines Buyer's Guide as part of the 'Best Women's Running Kit'.
At Knog we’re committed to the continual improvement of our designs and introduce ever more innovation. But perhaps more than anything, we want people to love using our products to live their best lives, whatever that may be.
Hugo & Mal
Knog's brand and products have been recognised around the globe.
- 2020 GOLD; AUSTRALIAN GOOD DESIGN AWARD – BILBY & BLINDER ROAD 600
- 2019 GOLD; AUSTRALIAN GOOD DESIGN AWARD – COBBER LIGHT
- 2019 GOOD DESIGN MARK- BANDICOOT
- 2018 IF AWARD EUROBIKE - PLUS LIGHT
- 2016 WINNER OF THE 2016 PREMIERS DESIGN AWARD- OI BIKE BELL
- 2016 AUSTRALIAN GOOD DESIGN AWARD – OI BIKE BELL
- 2013 AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARD – ROAD 2
- 2012 MENS JOURNAL AWARD – STRONGMAN D LOCK
- 2012 AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL DESIGN MARK
- 2011 “BIKEBIZ” BEST ACCESSORY BRAND - UK
- 2009 AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARDS - MOBILARM
- 2008 IF AWARDS EUROBIKE – BOOMER
- 2007 OVERALL WINNER AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARD
- 2006 AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARD TEXTILES
- 2006 IF AWARD EUROBIKE – TOAD
- 2006 IF AWARD SILVER- EUROBIKE - BULLFROG
- 2005 AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARD BUSINESS PRODUCTS
- 2005 ISPO BRAND NEW AWARDS FOR KNOG IN GERMANY
- 2005 IF AWARD SILVER – EUROBIKE – FROG
- 2005 RED DOT AWARD - FROG
- 2004 AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARD BUSINESS PRODUCTS
- 2004 4 X PREMIER DESIGN AWARDS AUSTRALIA
- 2002 WINNER EUROPEAN I.F. AWARD FOR DESIGN
- 2002 FINALIST AUSTRALIAN DESIGN AWARDS
- 2002 2 X DESIGN MARKS